Thank you for your interest in adopting an animal from Final Hope and starting a process that will save a life and in many ways enhance your own.
By adopting a pet from Final Hope, you not only support your chosen animal but give a chance to many others that will walk the same path: from neglect and hardships of the homeless life to love and comfort of a happy home.
When you adopt one animal you are advocating for all animals!
Adoption Process and Procedures
To make sure our rescue pets find permanent, loving homes and to facilitate good matches between adopters and their adopted companions, we ask you to follow our adoption procedures.
1. Once you have found the animal that you cannot resist, please complete the Pre-Adoption Application. Once completed, you may return it via email or fax, with a copy of your current photo ID (driver’s license or state ID card).
2. We will let you know within 48 hours that your application has been received and it is under review by the Board of Directors. Since we often receive multiple applications for one animal, we strive to find the best match based on the animals personality and needs, as well as the potential adopters personality, wants, housing, etc…
3. Final Hope will call your vet to ensure that any current animals are kept up to date on all vaccinations and basic care. Final Hope will also call two personal references. If you are under 21, we will ask for references from your parents or guardians.
4. Final Hope will perform a home check and recommend any necessary modifications to ensure the animal’s safety.
5. Once everything has been approved, Final Hope will call/email to let you know that you have been approved and a time and place for fostering will be set. You will foster the animal for a period of 2 weeks to make sure that you all are well suited for each other before the adoption becomes finalized.
6. During the actual adoption, you will complete an Adoption Contract and make a donation to the rescue, which is used to defray the costs of taking care of the animals’ daily needs (i.e. feeding, medical, toys, transportation, etc..). Learn about the adoption donation here.
7. Once the paperwork is completed, you will be given a copy of the animal’s medical records.
8. Within the first 1-2 weeks, Final Hope will call and check to see how your new pet is doing and will address any new pet parent concerns.